Safety is our main concern these days, as there is no such thing as being too cautious. We have heard too many stories to be nonchalant when it comes to the well-being of our kids. We give you tips on how to keep childrens safe in high-rise buildings.
How to keep your child safe
There have been numerous stories of children falling to their deaths from condominiums or flats. Here are some safety tips to implement in your homes if you live above ground level or at a multi-level home.
- The most vital step is adult supervision. If possible, never leave your child unattended, they may roam around and climb out an open window or balcony.
- Keep all furnitures or objects away from windows to prevent children from climbing up and reaching the window.
- Make sure that your railings have no gaps in which your kid can fit through.
- Remember to lock all doors and windows that access the balcony. Use child-proof locks when possible.
- There is an option of installing a grilles over the windows or balcony area